The UAE is one of the most exotic places on the planet, large open spaces and smooth roads that just seem to call you to get into your car and go for long drives. In a few weeks it will be peak summer time and a lot of UAE; Abu Dhabi and Dubai regulars would set out for road trips. But have you ever noticed that cars tend to be a little more difficult to maintain during the summer in UAE? If you have noticed this situation before, then have no fear as it is quite common. The reasons for this are actually quite simple:
- You actually drive a lot more in the summer: Using your car more often will always put a lot more stress on it than usual.
- The UAE can get really hot in summer: when given the choice between extreme cold and extreme heat, a number of us would pick warmth, but this can be tough on the radiators, crack the tyres, clog up the filters and stress the batteries.
Here is what to do to keep your car in good summer condition:
- Clean out your fuel filters at the start of the season.
- Check your tyres for wear and replace them if need be.
- Check your windshield wipers and change them if there are signs of wear on the edges.
- Go for an oil change and get a lighter or less viscous motor oil.
- Check your radiators and hoses for leakages or cracks. If you have any, ensure you replace them. If you use specialized coolants, this would be a great time to get a top up.
- As always ensure your batteries are in top condition before you begin your vacation trips.